Known for her celebrity status, Ernestine Campbell is an American celebrity. The date of Ernestine’s birth is October 31, 1939. She was a well-known ex-wife of Little Richard, who was also an extremely talented singer, songwriter, and musician in her own right. His most celebrated work, characterized by pounding backbeats, raspy shouted vocals, and energetic piano playing laid the base for Rock and Roll in the late 1950s. Penniman was influential in popular music and culture for more than seven decades. Innovator, Architect of Rock and Roll, Originator, and he was renowned for his charismatic showmanship and dynamic music.
Ernestine Campbell, age is 83 years old. However, her husband, Little Richard, was 87 years old. He was born on 5 December 1932 in Macon, Georgia, United States, and died on 9 May 2020.
Table of Contents:
Ernestine Campbell – Early life
The name Ernestine Harvin was given to her at birth. Neither her parents nor her education nor information about her early life is available. Although she has not revealed the details of her parents, she comes from a well-to-do Navy family. Freka Diedra Merrell and Doris Campbell are close relatives.
With her parents, Campbell moved from place to place during her childhood. Her travels have taken her to Diamond Bar, Lynchburg, Los Angeles, and several other sites in the United States.
In 1927, Ernestine and Penninman adopted a one-year-old boy named Danny Jones from a deceased church member. Their relationship was close, and he often acted as his father’s bodyguard. She married again to McDonald Campbell in Santa Barbara, California, on March 23, 1975.
- The height of Ernestine in feet inches is 5′ 5″ in centimeters is 177 cm in meters is 1.77 mm.
- Approximately 65 kilograms (143 pounds) in pounds and 65 kilograms (approximately) in kilograms
- The color of her eyes is brown
- The color of her hair is black
- Approximately a size 8 (U.S.) shoe
- The sexual orientation is straight
- Real Name–Ernestine Campbell
- Known Name–Ernestine Campbell
- Profession–Homemaker, Celebrity ex-wife/Former Secretary of D.C
- Date of Birth–October 31, 1939.
- Age–(as of 2022) 83 years old
- Birthplace–New York, United States
- Hometown–New York, United States
- Marital Status–Divorced
- Husband / Affairs–Little Richard (1959-64), Mc Donald Campbell (1975-1976)
- Son Name–Danny Jones Penniman
- Years active–2022
- Famous For–known as the ex-wife of Little Richard, was an American singer, songwriter, and musician.
- Zodiac Sign/Star Sign–Scorpio.
Education, School & College
She attended a renowned school near her home for her primary and secondary education. We do not know much about her schooling, high school, or university years.
Affairs / Relationship
Little Richard and Ernestine Campbell met at an enthusiastic rally in October 1957. As soon as they started dating, they began to get closer until finally, they were wed on July 12, 1959. They then lived a peaceful life with a happy marriage before their divorce in 1964. The marriage ended because Harvin’s husband’s celebrity status made life unbearable.
Furthermore, she claims he became a neglectful husband after changing his sexuality to gay. Despite Penninman’s claims, Robinson and Harvin denied that Penninman was gay.
She divorced Mcdonald Campbell on March 23, 1975, as the wedding was held in Santa Barbara, California.
The Facts about Ernestine Campbell
- During the summer of 1959, Campbell married Little Richard in California on July 11. Ernestine and her husband Richard first met in 1957 and were soon involved in a relationship that lasted for many years.
- In the aftermath of their marriage, Ernestine and Richard adopted from a late church associate a child named Danny Jones Penniman, who became part of their family. Ernestine and her ex-husband adopted Danny when he was just a year old when he was only one year old.
- He was also Richard’s bodyguard when he was younger. Ernestine was happily married and lived with her husband, Richard, between 1939 and 1964. In 1964, she divorced Richard due to several reasons.
- Several sources claim that Ernestine divorced her husband to maintain her celebrity status. Still, after many challenges, Ernestine and her late husband ended their almost five-year marriage with mutual understanding.
- In addition, she added that he became a negligent spouse due to his involvement in certain sexual activities, including homosexual behavior.
- Richard was accused of being gay by Robinson and Harvin, and this was stated in some of the newspapers.
- Even though Ernestine and Richard parted ways, they remained friends, even after no longer living together.
- Ernestine remarried in California the following year with Mcdonald Campbell, her second husband. However, her ex-husband, Richard, never married anyone after he and her separated from each other.
- Many sources claim that the singer’s death was caused by cancer. But his family did not reveal anything about that, even though it was the real cause of his death.
- He contributed significantly to American music with his soulful voice and ear-pleasing songs, so it was a sad day for American music.
- A cancer diagnosis led to Campbell’s ex-husband’s death at 87 in his home at Tullahoma. Furthermore, Richard is buried at Oakland University’s Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Alabama.
- July 11, 1959, marked Campbell’s marriage to Little Richard, and she divorced in 1964.
- Ernestine and Richard adopted a child named Danny Jones Penniman after they married.
There are no social media platforms she is actively involved in or accessible from now. It was always Ernestine Campbell’s practice to keep a distance from the media spotlight and the public eye throughout her life.